Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Being A Developer of Windows Mobile 7


I have a sad news :(  I have never built a Windows Mobile 7 applications.
As Guy Blend and WPF, which bubbled over in Silverlight, it may shock you, but time and effort (not enough of the former and too much of it) kept me do it Hello everyone. Of course, it does not allow Verizon Stinkin WP7 has not yet, but we hope that this issue will arrange soon.

Since I promised to write an annex to the mix in the action focuses on the mixture WP7, I think it's time we jumped on the bandwagon and made some WP7 development.

Where I am from

Since I have Visual Studio and Expression Blend installed everything I need to start developing was to download and install the developer tools Windows Phone. This includes the emulator and necessary WP7 types of projects. If you do not Blend or Visual Studio on your machine, free tools are a part of this installation.

Register App Hub

Since I intend to create and publish real applications I went ahead and created an account AppHub. There are some things you should know before you start. First, it costs $ 99 in advance, so be prepared to pay when creating your account. Second, you need a Live ID. Third, you can not create an account without a website URL. While this may seem trivial, it threw me because I did not create this site, I intend to use my phone still Apps. I went ahead and use this site with the hope that I can change it later.

The next thing I did not expect the requirement of a tag as a player. I'm not a gamer, I do not own an Xbox, and I'm not sure what player is a tag, so I obviously did not deliver. I was stuck on the screen gamer tag you want for a while until I found one I wanted, which was not taken (theblendguy).

The last thing that threw me for a circuit that was to fill in forms, all copies is strongly oriented to XBox Live. Once past the home screen, everything I've read the account was in XBox Hub of the application: there was no mention of Windows Mobile 7. I canceled to make sure I had made the right decision, but decided to go to my guns, especially when I saw the price was right. In fact, when all was said and done, I had the appropriate account.

I received an email confirmation, and graduated from the account. If I understand correctly, the next step is to contact me and GeoTrust to verify I am who I say I am. I like the fact that Microsoft is putting so much effort to examine the accounts and applications: in the long term should mean a stable quality of the applications, which is the beginning, if you want to succeed.

And here is the next step...

The next step is the development of applications. I have a couple in mind already. I'm going to write my experiences as I go forward, so keep watching this space.

The next day I created my account, I received an email from GeoTrust take me to another site where I had to verify my identity. From the start, be prepared for some questions seem intrusive. I had to give them my social security number and possibly my license and some less info such as date of birth and address. Also, if you have been at your current address for less than two years, you must provide the previous address.

This information is the first step. When you place this time, another page comes with a set of questions specific financial, which, theoretically, you should be able to respond. I received questions about my mortgage and car payment, including a couple of trick questions. The answers are multiple choice, so you do not give them special, and it does not matter, because it seems they know it all already anyway.

Of course this is all done in HTTPS, so I'm not concerned about the safety of me when I use a credit card online. I was quite surprised that although the BI is in place to develop a trick question that I mentioned. (And no, I'm not going to be more specific). Overall, the process was tedious, and I passed the test at this stage I'm just waiting for my developer ID AppHub. I will keep you all posted.

And wait for the message in your inbox.

Now that you're an official you can start to develop, and applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment